Curious about the wet-felting process? Join Susan Shirley of Mosshollow Hill in her virtual studio to learn the following techniques of wet-felting, nuno-felting, and surface design. Students will learn the difference between types of wool and create samples of the various techniques.
Registration to enroll in this workshop is only $10/materials are not included. This activity is designed for participants ages 18+.
Materials needed :
- 1 oz of merino wool roving
- 1 oz of a coarser or longer staple length fiber
- assorted silk fibers and/or noil
- assorted yarns
- square of cheesecloth or gauze (for a nuno-felting base)
- square of synthetic material (for a nuno-felting base)
- netting (for covering the design in the felting process)
- solar pool cover square (for rolling the design in the felting process)
Other items the student will need to provide : soap, water bottle or sprayer, hot water, towels, a dowel or pool noodle for rolling the design, water-resistant surface, and optional extra fibers and yarns if desired.
*To inquire about purchasing a Workshop Felting Kit, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Kits may be purchased here on the website, but will need to be picked up locally as it’s too late to mail.
Come prepared to experiment, have fun, get messy, and laugh. We could all use a good laugh these days.